Last updated on
This month, Dr. Elliott Antman, Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School, presents “A Patient’s Guide to Atrial Fibrillation,” and addresses the following questions:
- What is atrial fibrillation (Afib)?
- What causes Afib?
- What problems can Afib cause for patients?
- What are the treatment options for Afib?
- What are the key points patients should know about Afib?
- Afib is increasingly common as the population ages
- Afib is a risk factor for stroke
- There are many treatment options available, including medications to prevent stroke
- Knowing the facts and staying in touch with your medical team is essential if you have Afib