Last updated on
DVT Awareness Month
This month, we have a special edition of the Patient Pulse. March is Deep-Vein Thrombosis (DVT) Awareness month, a public health initiative aimed at raising awareness of this commonly occurring medical condition and its potentially fatal complication, pulmonary embolism. Up to 2 million Americans are affected annually by DVT, yet most Americans have little or no awareness of DVT.
In this webinar, we discuss:
- One thing our community wish they knew about DVT
- Different types of blood clots
- Risk factors for blood clots
- Diagnosis and treatment of DVT
- Blood clots can happen to anyone!
- Knowing the signs and symptoms of DVT can help save a life
- Don’t ignore your symptoms
- Seek medical attention right away if you experience any signs or symptoms