Chair of Digital Strategy, Board of Directors
The North American Thrombosis Forum (NATF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by blood clots and related diseases. Through our comprehensive resources and innovative programming, we strive to educate patients and healthcare professionals about thrombosis and its complications.
To be the premier resource for blood clot education.
NATF (www.thrombosis.org) is seeking a talented and passionate individual to develop and lead our digital strategy. The new leader will join a forward-looking organization that is committed to expanding its digital presence and becoming a front runner in medical education and outreach. This role will require a commitment of 2-4 hours per month.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with the staff and board members to better understand the digital landscape, particularly around healthcare and medical education, and how NATF can add value
- Define customer needs and insights
- Work with NATF staff and board members to define other key inputs including organizational goals and requirements, competitive profiles, technology constraints and opportunities, and analytics
- Identify the right metrics to drive data-driven insights
- Develop a digital strategy and provide budget recommendations and roadmap
- Keep NATF informed of future trends in the healthcare sector
- Actively promote NATF
- Use his/her network to identify strategic partnerships to grow NATF’s reach
- Act as an ambassador for the organization at conferences, social or networking events, and on social media
- Make an annual donation to NATF
NATF’s Director of Digital Strategy will serve a three-year term, with the opportunity to renew for one consecutive term. Board meetings are held quarterly with one 2-day board retreat. Attendance is mandatory.
- Professional leadership experience in healthcare, IT, marketing, medical education, or the nonprofit sector
- In depth knowledge of digital and mobile trends, techniques, and tools, particularly in the healthcare sector
- Brings external innovation and market insights to the organization
- A track record of developing and implementing digital strategies
- A commitment to and understanding of NATF’s beneficiaries and mission, preferably based on experience
- Past or current engagement with NATF (e.g., partnership, membership, content providers, etc.)
Ideal candidates will…
- Possess integrity, sensitivity, awareness, optimism, a sense of humor, and the ability to be calm in a crisis
- Be collaborative, hardworking, and a strategic/analytical thinker and planner
- Take initiative and commit to open and honest communication
- Exhibit savvy diplomatic skills and affinity for cultivating relationships and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Demonstrate an interest in and willingness to support NATF’s goals and objectives, and have a passion for improving the lives of NATF’s beneficiaries
Service on NATF’s board of directors is without remuneration, except for travel and accommodation costs in relation to board members’ duties.
If you are interested in the position, or would like to nominate someone, please email [email protected] along with 3-5 sentences about why you’re excited about this position, or why you believe your nominee would be a good fit.