NATF is closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and is committed to supporting patients and healthcare providers during this difficult time. We know that the virus poses a significant danger to a key population that we serve: patients with cardiovascular and/or pulmonary diseases. We will continue to update these pages with resources for these patients and for the clinicians who care for them. If there are additional topics you’d like us to cover, please email us at [email protected].
Please note that NATF does not provide or sell home INR machines. If you’re interested in at-home INR testing, please contact your healthcare provider or health insurance carrier for more information.
The North American Thrombosis Forum (NATF) strongly recommends that all eligible individuals get vaccinated against COVID-19, including:
- People who have had a blood clot in the past
- People with genetic clotting disorders (such as factor V Leiden) or who have a family history of blood clots
- People who take anticoagulation (sometimes called blood thinners)
- People who take antiplatelet medications (aspirin, clopidogrel, ticagrelor)
- People who have bleeding disorders such as hemophilias