Last updated on
This month, we welcome Dr. Ellen Hillegass to answer some frequently asked questions about safely exercising after a blood clot. Dr. Hillegass is a physical therapist with a board certification in cardiovascular and pulmonary clinical specialty. She is also an Adjunct Professor of Physical Therapy at Mercer University in Atlanta, GA.
In this webinar, she will discuss:
- Blood clots 101
- Risk considerations after having a blood clot
- How to safely exercise after a blood clot
- Don’t be afraid to move!
- Continue taking blood-thinning medications for as long as they’re prescribed
- Choose safe exercises or take precautions to reduce the risk of bleeding
- Use compression garments for arm or leg clots
- Exercise is the most important post-clot intervention after medication