Last updated on
Blood Clots and Cancer: What should I ask my doctor?
Watch these videos to learn more about cancer and thrombosis (blood clots), and what you can do to prevent blood clots.
Here’s a list of questions to ask your doctor if you are told you have a blood clot:
- What type of blood clot do I have and where is it?
- What treatment do you think is right for me?
- How will having a blood clot affect my cancer treatment?
- How long will I have to take the blood-thinning medicine?
- What side effects can I expect from this medicine?
- Are there other risks associated with taking this medicine?
- What else should I know about blood clots and cancer?