Blood Clots and Cancer: How are blood clots treated?

Watch these videos to learn more about cancer and thrombosis (blood clots), and what you can do to prevent blood clots.

If you have a DVT, you may be sent home with a medicine called an anticoagulant (sometimes called a blood thinner). However, every patient is different, and you may be admitted to the hospital if your doctor thinks it’s best for treatment and care.

Some patients with PE may also be sent home. Studies show that it’s safe for patients with a small PE and no other health problems to go home with treatment. However, many patients with PE are admitted to a hospital for treatment and care.

Related Articles