Last updated on
This month, we welcome Dr. Suresth Vedantham to discuss chronic leg pain after a blood clot, also known as post-thrombotic syndrome (PTS). Dr. Vedantham is an experienced interventional radiologist and researcher at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis and has been studying PTS for much of his career.
In this webinar, he will talk about:
- Blood clots from the both the clinician and patient perspective
- New options for anticoagulation
- Signs/symptoms of PTS
- Preventing and managing PTS
- Research opportunities for patients with PTS
- Anticoagulation is a key treatment for DVT
- Tell your provider if you have PTS symptoms and seek out the help of an interventional radiologist or vascular specialist
- Be sure to consider procedures for the right reasons
- Stay up to date and support good clinical trials
Newly Diagnosed With a Clot?
Have you been diagnosed with a blood clot in the past 12 months? If so, NATF’s Newly Diagnosed Patient Support Group might be interesting to you. Learn more about this group & sign up for future meetings!